On Thursday, May 16, 2019, the Glendale Police Foundation hosted its 24th annual Glendale Police Awards Luncheon. It was an opportunity for community members from across the city to come together to celebrate those who have gone above-and-beyond the call of service.
Valorous TV was a Silver-level sponsor of the event, and even received a certificate of appreciation from the Glendale Police Foundation.
“We are honored by your attendance,” said Glendale Police Chief Carl Povilaitis. “Thank you for the support you show every single day.”
Presented by David Ono of ABC7 Eyewitness News, the awards honored both those currently serving, along with volunteers that have shown exemplary service to the police and Glendale as a whole. Here are the winners of the 2019 Police Awards:
- Chief’s Awards of Excellence: Officer Charlton Vidal
- Top Shooters Awards: Sergent Toby Darby, Officer Charlton Vidal, Officer Jan Chris Weise
- No Second Chance Award: Toby Darby
- Divisional Awards: Detective Vahe Abramyan, Officer Artur Obrusnik, Officer Chris Clay
- Distinguished Service Awards: Officer Nik Orloff, Officer Thomas Garcia, Officer Jose Arriaga, Officer Keith Soboleski
- Lifesaving Awards: Officer Chris Ayad, Officer Robert Acosta
- Chief’s Award of Excellence: Sergeant Teal Metts
- Volunteer of the Year: John Bales
- Reserve Officer of the Year: Daniel Boghossian
- Professional Staff Employee of the Year: Police Service Officer Zazil Avila
- Glendale Police Officer of the Year: Officer Justin Darby
Congratulations to all the recipients of the awards, and we look forward to attending next year! Please enjoy the gallery of photos from the luncheon.