What an amazing win for the Army West Point Black Knights at this year’s Armed Forces Bowl. The game was held on Saturday, December 22 at the Amon G. Carter Stadium at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX. We were on the grounds throughout the event weekend as a proud sponsor, speaking with attendees about our passion for the Armed Forces. Here are some record-breaking highlights from the game:
- This year’s Armed Forces Bowl set a new attendance record with 44,738 fans.
- The West Point Army Black Knights became the Armed Forces Bowl’s first three-time champion, previously winning the bowl in 2010 and 2017.
- Army’s 70 points is the record for most points scored by a team in FBS bowl game history.
- Army’s 56-point win set the record for the largest margin of victory in Armed Forces Bowl history, it is also tied for the largest ever in an FBS bowl game.
- MVP Kelvin Hopkins Jr. passed Rashaad Penny for most rushing touchdowns scored in the Armed Forces Bowl with five.
- The Black Knights set the bowl record for sacks in a game (10).
Thanks to all of our friends and subscribers that stopped by the tailgate and said hi, and continue to subscribe to our service. We had such a blast at the bowl and cannot wait for the Armed Forces Bowl 2019!
Make sure to like and follow us on all our social media for the latest updates to our channel. Have a promo code? There’s still time to redeem that code by entering it when you sign up at check out.