There is a need now more than ever to show law enforcement officers that we recognize the difficult and sometimes impossible career they have chosen in public service.
Since the first known line-of-duty death in 1791, more than 21,000 U.S. law enforcement officers have made the ultimate sacrifice. Most officers choose this position not for the power or authority, but for the service of providing safety to our communities. It’s important to remind law enforcement that their service is appreciated.
- 1. Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
- 2. Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
- 3. Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
- 4. Ask children in your community to write letters or draw pictures in support of law enforcement.
- 5. Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
- 6. Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
- 7. Consider joining Valorous TV as a subscriber because your membership helps support our ongoing commitment to law enforcement and veterans.
Most importantly, if you see a police officer, thank them for the hard work they do every day.